Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 109
BDS lift and Air Lift kit 59551

Default BDS lift and Air Lift kit 59551

Hi all--this is my first real post. I searched first but didn't find anything to answer my questions on Air Lift kits here.

I've been searching the web all weekend and decided to give up and become a member here because I'm from MI (but live in MO) and this forum has a lot of members who can probably answer my questions...

I bought an 04 Ram quad cab 1500 4x4 with a BDS lift kit and Air Lift air springs on the rear already installed. I don't know what size BDS lift I have but it accommodates 35x12.5x17 Fierce Attitude Ds.

I actually need the lift to drive over stumps, rocks and holes when I carry fire wood and skid logs off road. But one air spring was broken when I bought the truck and wouldn't fill so I bought another replacement kit...and here lies the problem.

The threaded end of the air spring that goes through the upper mounting bracket is PLASTIC with a center threaded brass fitting in the middle of it where the line attaches. You can see that same plastic threaded piece missing/broken off of the old broken air spring--that was the problem with it. But before I install the new kit, I'm wondering if you experts can tell me whether I should scrap this idea of using this Air Lift product and choose a different way to level the back. A full load of fire wood bottoms out.

The reason I'm doubting the Air Lift kit is because I'm thinking that if the rear wheels leave the ground going over something, it may pull the plastic threaded top center thing right off the air spring again. The air springs are not really made for off road but I still need them for their designed purpose of hauling/leveling on the road.

Suggestions? What's my most cost effective fix?

Thanks for your advice in advance!

John

Support our troops!
    Last edited by john.brooks.5815255; 06-22-2015 at 03:10 PM.

You could try limiting the down travel of your rear suspension so you dont over extend the air springs. I remember seeing something in Petersens about a long travel air bag system that didnt solid mount the bottom of the air spring so the axle could droop away from it with out damage, Ill look for some pics.

http://performancetruckproducts.com/...FQ6RaQodC7INEQ

This is another option for long travel air springs.

http://www.daystarweb.com/productdet...productID=1232

This was the kit I originally remebered.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/12...-project-ford/

Finally found the install I read.

the real slim shady Ironman Offroad's Avatar

I would look at a more robust kit from Air Lift.
    Call the tech support # for assistance.
    Cool Parts Pimp.