Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 109
86 4runner Skid plate? Or raise drivetrain?

Default 86 4runner Skid plate? Or raise drivetrain?

Ok guys I have an 86 4runner in pieces in my driveway that im assembling and I know that I want some form of protection for the belly. My original plan was to just make a skid plate to put in place of the transfercase crossmember. But ive been asking around and hear that a better option would be to raise the drivetrain above the framerails so that nothing hangs below them, and run a full belly pan on the bottom. I like the idea but my concern is how much of my floor/rear seating will have to be removed to raise it? Ive been researching it and cant really find a whole lot, has anyone done this before? How did it work out for u? Pictures ?

No pics but everything has to be raised. Engine, trans and tcase. That will change driveline angles and all kinds of other stuff. It's best to get it flat, but it;s tough to do with a 4runner since you can't really clock the tcase.
    My hellawack shiznit is interfrizzled in my brizzle

Have you checked on pirtae4x4? they have all kinds of 4runner info.
    93 Land Cruiser

"The State is the great fiction where people try to live at the expense of other people". Frederic Bastiat

To be governed:http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/1464...ted-spied-upon