Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 109
EFI wiring harness

Default EFI wiring harness

Ok guys im working on swapping a fuel injected 5.0 or 5.7 into an older carbed truck. My question is how big of a pain is it to use the wiring harness outta the donor truck and making it work in my rig? And whats the quickest way to sort out the b.s. and just get what I need?
    Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks

It's not bad if you understand wires. If you don't, then get a Howell harness and be done with it. It's like a 4 wire hookup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My hellawack shiznit is interfrizzled in my brizzle

I found a company that will rework the one off of my donor truck and basically make it a stand alone for 300$ plus shipping. Would that be worth it or would I be better off paying the extra for a new one? http://www.my-efi.com/

It might be awhile before Tim answers. He's on vacation in hillbilly country.

Quote Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
    Don't do that.

Then you will have to leave your home and your friends, go off to a distant land, and sell skateboard wheels.
    The absolute strength of the Second Amendment is directly proportional to the number of Americans who support it.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I'll have him check in next time we sext.

Quote Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
    Don't do that.

Then you will have to leave your home and your friends, go off to a distant land, and sell skateboard wheels.
    The absolute strength of the Second Amendment is directly proportional to the number of Americans who support it.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I have seen the ones from places you send your stock harness into. Some are very good others not so much. Research them. I am sending my harness in when I do the big block swap on the buggy this winter.

It should be pretty simple, if your swapping in a mid 90's or newer motor. Assuming your swapping in a small block Chevy, you can easily obtain many of the parts youll need from a junked truck. Youll mainly need you air pressure sensors, fuel/air ratio monitors, and your oxygen sensors, which can be found in a downtube screwed into the header. To control all of this, MSD makes a controller/ECU/programmer that this can all be wired into, so you dont have to mess with the original ECU. Ive seen people do this all the time into their older carbed jeep cj's, so it shouldnt be too daunting of a task. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by k10crawler View Post
    It should be pretty simple, if your swapping in a mid 90's or newer motor. Assuming your swapping in a small block Chevy, you can easily obtain many of the parts youll need from a junked truck. Youll mainly need you air pressure sensors, fuel/air ratio monitors, and your oxygen sensors, which can be found in a downtube screwed into the header. To control all of this, MSD makes a controller/ECU/programmer that this can all be wired into, so you dont have to mess with the original ECU. Ive seen people do this all the time into their older carbed jeep cj's, so it shouldnt be too daunting of a task. Hope this helps!
    I have to point out a few things here....and i'll try not to sound like a dick but I am sure someone is going to take it that way.

Air pressure sensors? I got nothing for this except what are they?

fuel/air ratio monitors ARE the O2 sensors. Most 90's chevs only had one. Some had 2, one on each side but most had one.

MSD only makes one computer setup for fuel injection and it's a complete fuel setup for over 2000 bucks. I think you are confusing MSD ignition boxes with fuel management.

If the OP is getting a motor and the whole harness, then using the stock ECU should not be too hard to "mess with". It's simply plug and play.

Painless makes a harness for 435, Howell has one for 325.

**Thread cleaned

Dakota truggy on tons 43" sx's and coil overs
    07 CTD Tow Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    **Thread cleaned
    Thanks. .. other thread started...
    Meh!!!

Hey tim do you think you could throw a link to the howell harness ubwere refering to on here? I was having trouble finding it. Thanks!!