Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 109

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Home made GoPro tether

Default Home made GoPro tether

When using the suction cup mount or a magnetic mount, you never know if the GoPro might get hit or pop off so I want to tether it.

Ok, so there are commercial things for this. They cost crazy money for what they are.

Here is my cheap ass solution.

Went to the hardware store and got a 20 foot dog tie out cable. It's like 1/8 inch coated cable. It cost $5.99. The hardware store had coated 3/16 cable for $1.49 a foot. This was thinner, and cheaper per foot. I wanted coated for rust resistance and it not scratching the vehicle.

Cut it with wire cutters to 2, 3 and 4 foot sections and then loop the end with cable crimps that are 29 cents a piece.

Completed.

To use them, you loop one end of the cable around something like a mirror or whatever. I am going to add heat shrink to the crimps to further add to the no scratchness of them.

Then attach the tether to the GoPro like this.

Easy Peasy
    My hellawack shiznit is interfrizzled in my brizzle

Cheapthrillsoffroad.com Shotgun's Avatar

:thumbup:
    Someday it may run.......someday

I'm bringing sexy back! Walley Gator's Avatar

So that WHY you make the BIG BUCKS

I was following you hoping the GoPro would fall off and I could pick it up... Looks like I have to lead now...
    Meh!!!

nice work on that one.