Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 109

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Part out or sell complete

Default Part out or sell complete

Hey all,
    I just bought a Jeep CJ7 because my fat ass couldn't fit in my CJ5 anymore.
    My little 5 was going to be a ground up rebuild but got put on hold for a little while and I guess that anxious wait caused me to put the weight on.
    So the question I'm stuck with right now is do I want to part out the jeep or sell it as is with the little extras I've collected over the years.
    I'll give a brief run down on the good and the bad.
    The Good
    The Jeep is a 79 CJ5 with a 360 2 barrel carb, rusted headers and some head work. It has a Jeep T-18 trans with a dana 20 transfer case, a professional beefed up rebuilt centerforce clutch. The front axle is a dana 30 open 4.10 gears. The rear is a amc 20 locked with one piece shafts and 4.10 gears. I added a front hoop to the roll bar and two extra spreaders. The fibreglass seats are mounted to the roll cage by two tubes that crossover from the driver side to the passenger side. It has four point seatbelts for both passenger and driver. It comes with an extra gas tank and fuel sending unit (might have 2) and a ready to install 82 frame that was reinforced that was blasted inside and out then POR 15 inside and out. It has a fiberglass hood. Four inch lift.
    The Bad
    The frame that is on it is toast. The tub is not any better, there is no passenger side floor board. The carb leaked gas around the accelerator pump the last time I fired it up ( 5+ years ago). The steering box is ripped off the frame. It might not come with a windshield frame or tires ( if it does it will be junk tires and rims). A fiberglass hood ( yes, I consider that a bad).
    So part it out or sell as a project Jeep?

Any spelling errors are not the posters fault but the stupid phone that it was typed on
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Time and Money. Do you have the time to part it out? Do you have enough high $$ pieces to make it worth your time?

Have you tried to sell it whole? I usually give it 5-6 months to sell, if it doesn't, then I start picking it apart.

One thought,, '5s are hard to sell. Very limited customer base. Besides the frame, the rest of the parts will bolt up to a '7,,many more customers, like yourself, can you use any of the parts on your '7?.

Good Luck and you will be much happier with the '7

HURF
    Every one is in charge , we expect you to send your self infractions , chew your own ass out when needed and if you cant straighten up then ban your self . Dont expect us to do every thing for you -Grandman

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    I will never say that CC was innocent. I'm not that foolish.

82 Jeep CJ7,,258,.40 over,Weber 38,,Comp cam,GM HEI,T5,,D300,,Dana 30,,4:56,,Tru-Trac,,AMC20,,4:56,,Detroit,,Trussed,,Warn Full Floater,,1ton lockouts,,33X12.5X15 Interco trXus

I've already grabbed some goodies off it and going to take some more before it goes up for sale.
    I haven't tried to sell it yet since this all went down in the past couple of weeks.
    What's more likely, someone buying a project vehicle or selling all the parts I pull off?

I prefer the 5's over the 7's because I could fit in tighter areas than the 7's. But the belly and fat thighs tell me that I'm not going to be able to sit in the 5 for to long.

Any spelling errors are not the posters fault but the stupid phone that it was typed on

Depends on how much you have to get out of it. Probably easier and faster to sell it as a whole project. But in my experience you get more money from a part out and still end up with a little that you can take to scrap for some coin but it takes longer and is more work.
    My hellawack shiznit is interfrizzled in my brizzle

Well, I guess I have to figure out what everything is worth separately and then what I can honestly expect for it as it is.
    I hope being a new guy here I can be a pain in the ass and not get in trouble until my one year anniversary. That being said, taking in what I told you so far and looking at the picture below. What would you think I should be able to get for it?
    Now remember tires do not go with it and it might not have a windshield. Plus the top isn't that great but can be fixed.

Sorry about the pic size.
    Last edited by MudHungry; 05-30-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: just notice big picture

Just MY opinion.
    $400 + - Ill assume NT axles. If WT axles with 4:10's then $600
    '5's are tough to sell.
    Part out the T-18/D20/Driveshafts,,,,Frame,,,Hood,,,Seats,,360 for a core/rebuild,,,scrap the rest.
    Not alot of work and will get you a couple hundred more

Good Luck

HURF
    Every one is in charge , we expect you to send your self infractions , chew your own ass out when needed and if you cant straighten up then ban your self . Dont expect us to do every thing for you -Grandman

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    I will never say that CC was innocent. I'm not that foolish.

82 Jeep CJ7,,258,.40 over,Weber 38,,Comp cam,GM HEI,T5,,D300,,Dana 30,,4:56,,Tru-Trac,,AMC20,,4:56,,Detroit,,Trussed,,Warn Full Floater,,1ton lockouts,,33X12.5X15 Interco trXus

Yeah, I was afraid it would be that low. Oh well, out come the torches.
    I do gotta check on the T18 'cause it might be the desirable Jeep T18 with the short input and 6.32 first gear.
    I already called a local recycling place and they want the title to go with the tub and frame:( I do want to keep that if I ever get the urge to build one from the ground up, less hassle than getting a new title made.