Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 109
new guy from across the river

Default new guy from across the river

just found this site and just finding out about the good wheeling in michigan, and thought i would join and say HI.
    I'm actually from Sarnia canada but I'm looking forward to getting out to michigan in the spring with my jeep as mounds orv is only a hour away and i saw some good videos of a bit of rocks there on youtube that look good.

slight rundown of my jeep
    97 tj 4.0L 5spd 4.5 lift coils full axle swap hp d44 and built 9inch rear 513 gear custom long arms 4 link rear 3 link front 14 inch shocks wheel base stretch about 99-100 box moved forward tires are 35 ssr or 38 tsl's
    all the works been done by my self and until 2 years ago i drove it every day now its just a play toy hears a photo its a bit old before the winch bumper and few dents with the small tires on it.

look forward to wheeling with some of you this season
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome!

Welcome!!!!
    ~~My husband has the heart of a lion and a lifetime ban from the zoo. ~~

Welcome.

The mounds in the spring has lotsa deep stinky clay mud. It has several rock courses from mild to wild. Bring spare driveshafts and axle shafts for the rocks. There is a flat woods section with deep mudholes, a hilly sandy wooded area with deeply eroded trails and pinstripe branches, a few open areas, some with sand bowls and some with mud holes.

A Michigan ORV permit is required. You cannot get them there. Any place that sells hunting and fishing licenses can sell you one. They are good from April to April.

Since the Mounds is a county park, they also have their fee on top of that. They sell daily and annual permits. Flags are not required.
    Gary
    JK Wrangler Rubicon
    KD8NHC

I think that a man with a helmet defending his country should make more money than a man with a helmet defending a football.

Welcome from another Canadian, only from the top of Michigan...
    Meh!!!

thanks everyone, and thanks for the info on the rules for the park as i was a bit confused as i have never been to a orv park before as we don't have any in canada. i did read about spark arrester ? but have no idea about that. thanks for the heads up on spare parts at the mounds but when i go it will be a trailer queen with my buddys rig to make a trip and hope we can meet up with some locals to show us around, and i hope i shouldn't brake axles im 35 spline moser axles in the 9 inch with full spool and cromo's in the 44 but i'm really out to have fun and get some rock time and get used to it before i can go north more.

Welcome from another Canadian that lives in MI now.

Quote Originally Posted by idiot magnet View Post
    Why???
    Meh!!!

Welcome!

Dakota truggy on tons 43" sx's and coil overs
    07 CTD Tow Pig

Quote Originally Posted by idiot magnet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    Why???
    Well judging by his user name, he was pulled towards Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
    Don't do that.

Then you will have to leave your home and your friends, go off to a distant land, and sell skateboard wheels.
    The absolute strength of the Second Amendment is directly proportional to the number of Americans who support it.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato