Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 109
One Inch Lift

Thread: One Inch Lift

I'm bringing sexy back! Hemrides's Avatar

Default One Inch Lift

Is a one inch lift worth the money...are there any advantages or disadvantages? I had a tech. at the dealer mention it to me the other day. What is a ball park estimate?

Your feedback would be appreciated. I have a stock 2004 TJ Sport.

Merry Christmas!!

Thanks,
    Dave

To fit what?

Sent from my eyeFone
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
    Don't do that.

Then you will have to leave your home and your friends, go off to a distant land, and sell skateboard wheels.
    The absolute strength of the Second Amendment is directly proportional to the number of Americans who support it.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Yooper transplant to Iowa ckupq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hemrides View Post
    Is a one inch lift worth the money...are there any advantages or disadvantages? I had a tech. at the dealer mention it to me the other day. What is a ball park estimate?

Your feedback would be appreciated. I have a stock 2004 TJ Sport.

Merry Christmas!!

Thanks,
    Dave
    1" and 2" lifts are just pucks. $60 and you may or may need new shocks so price accordingly. I had 2" pucks on my XJ and I ran stock shocks for during college.... then I went taller.

I don't see the point of 1 inch. Unless you need a little more clearance because of your tire choice.

But just doing 1 inch with no tire change doesn't net you any real benefit.
    My hellawack shiznit is interfrizzled in my brizzle

It depends on the 1" lift. If you are talking about a body lift, it can be very useful. Solves the problem of rubbing with 31s on a stock suspension, or in my case allows for 33s with only minor rubbing on a very modest 2" spring lift. Even a 1" spring or spacer lift can help solve saggy springs, compensate for heavy accessories or give a little more clearance without having to replace a bunch of other stuff. You could also shop around for some Rubicon springs, a little stiffer spring rate has the same effect as a small lift.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

If your going to do a BODY lift I would not go more than 1" , if you go any higher it just doesn't look right and then you really should look into longer shocks !! But I got good gains from a 1" body lift especially for the price and the ease of install , and I think it helps even for a smother ride because your body is no longer sitting completely on the frame and the body seems to flex more ??

Sent from BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    Tear It Up - Fix It - Do It Again

Quote Originally Posted by Crazygrady127 View Post
    and the body seems to flex more ??

I think you need to retorque your body mount bolts if you are getting more flex after a body lift.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Its not actually flexing the way I made it sound (not like a 4 wheeling flex) !! Its just that the whole body went from sitting on the frame to just 8 points and it seemed to get smother and not allow all the vibrations of the road to completely transfer through to the body as much !!

Tear It Up - Fix It - Do It Again

Its not actually flexing the way I made it sound (not like a 4 wheeling flex) !! Its just that the whole body went from sitting on the frame to just 8 points and it seemed to get smother and not allow all the vibrations of the road to completely transfer through to the body as much !!

What do you wheel? Both TJ and YJ have 11 body mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
    Don't do that.

Then you will have to leave your home and your friends, go off to a distant land, and sell skateboard wheels.
    The absolute strength of the Second Amendment is directly proportional to the number of Americans who support it.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

If your going to do a BODY lift I would not go more than 1" , if you go any higher it just doesn't look right and then you really should look into longer shocks !! But I got good gains from a 1" body lift especially for the price and the ease of install , and I think it helps even for a smother ride because your body is no longer sitting completely on the frame and the body seems to flex more ??

What the?

Are you on the crack? Longer shocks? Better ride?
    Oz
    Support the sport. Join GLFWDA!
    ********GLFWDA.org********

Quote Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
    I agree with oz. (gawd I hate saying that)

If the whole body is sitting on the frame a body lift is the last thing Id worry about

The best body lift size to get for your situation would be the 1 1/4" body lift with the 1" motor mount lift. It helps correct everything else after doing the body lift. JKS makes a great product for this.
    Make sure you hit all of the bolts with PBS or similar for "days" before or be prepared for some broken body mount bolts and they are no fun to drill out and fix.