Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 109
Heater fan switch

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

Default Heater fan switch

anyone know if i can buy just the heater fan switch or do i have to buy the heater control unit.

Whole control. They are about 85 bucks new.
    My hellawack shiznit is interfrizzled in my brizzle

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

Thanks.

Unless you are going for a classy look, wire a $2 toggle to the high wire.

But I am kind of a hack.

Sent from my eyeFone
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
    Don't do that.

Then you will have to leave your home and your friends, go off to a distant land, and sell skateboard wheels.
    The absolute strength of the Second Amendment is directly proportional to the number of Americans who support it.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

I told my wife i cold wire a switch in and the blower would only have high and she said to spend the $100 on a control unit. The thing with my wife is that she like's to off road in a very safe way and the jeep is her way of going atving or side by siding. We had both but she dident like getting all dusty or cold or wet or cold and wet or to hot. So i bought a X90 and lifted it and made it very dependable but it was to small for me to go on long trips so i said lets get a tracker because she wants a convertable top and she said lets get a jeep so we have enough power to go up hills. story short my wife like's to off road and watch other's get crazy but she dont want to look or feel like she's been off roading. And she like's camp fire's but she wants to camp at the holiday inn. To tell you the truth i have become ok with it. So as far as hacking the heater up she says no because thats a need for her. All three settings not just one. I wish i could afford to put a convertable top on a short bed V-8 pick-up...LOL

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

Well as far as i can tell i dont have power coming from the fuse block to the control unit. I have no power to any of the plugs (control unit resistor or the blower) Heater/ fan fuse has power on both side's. so unless i have a relay or something Im thinking i have a bad wire going from the fuse block to the control unit. Well i dont know that for sure because i dont know what the fuse block fire's up first. is it the control unit or the resistor. Im thinking its the control unit but not sure. I looked in a cheep haynes book but not enough info. (book sucks) I need a real tech book but i cant find one. If anyone can help me please pm for my number. I need a jeep yj guru.

Dunno what you are working on but here is for a 1995.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My hellawack shiznit is interfrizzled in my brizzle

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

haznopaws thanks for the diagram it helped me make it a fix. I could see that the swithch had a power wire going to it and when i looked at the control unit i thought the unit somehow gave the power to the plug for the blower switch. so i jumed power to the power switch and it still did not fire up the blower so i jumped ground to the blow and still nothing. so i jumped power to the blower switch and it fired up the blower. At this time i took time to think about what i was tought back in my wrenching days and i told myself that it must have a good ground and i must have an open some how. so i looked at the diagram and said no shit the power on of switch has a power wire going into it from the fuse block and it also has a power wire coming out of it going to the fan switch. so i pulled the unit out 1 more inch and look at the power switch and yep its missing a power wire. i had to pull against the cables and other things that are hooked to the heater unit so i dident pull it out far enough to see the power lead. so story short the jeep has an aftermarket radio and when it got installed the hot wire from the fuse block to the heater on off switch got pushed back but was still touching. I remember turning on the blower when ibought it and it dident come on a first and like 2seconds later it fired up. It worked up until i did a bunch of work to it. I had the power fuse block under the hood moved over and moved other parts of the wiring harness so i could clean and paint. that must of caused the wire to move. so wiring diagrams are a very big help and i just wanted to tell you thanks so much for taking the time and posting a good diagram......Mike