Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 109
7.5 by 16 bias ply tires on daily driver

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr Oompa-Loompa's Avatar

Default 7.5 by 16 bias ply tires on daily driver

i just aquired a set of brand new old hercules hdtl bias ply tires. they are 7.5 by 16. they still have the origional stickers and whiskers on them. i was just wondering if anybody has ever heard of them, and if so how well do they ride
    pos cj7, 4.0 with holley 390 carb, turbo 400, hei, and a really annoying exhaust

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

I never heard of that size but hercules tire's are good tire's. Ive been to the Hercules warehouse to do a pick up a few time's.

If they're really old, check them for sidewall cracking. They could be junk even with 100% tread. If they're cracked, they're just waiting to go flat, hopefully, not on the expressway.
    Gary
    JK Wrangler Rubicon
    KD8NHC

I think that a man with a helmet defending his country should make more money than a man with a helmet defending a football.

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr Oompa-Loompa's Avatar

they where stored inside for years. and they are a tubed tire. the local tire shop told me they couldnt put tubes on my chevy aluminum rim.....wtf?
    pos cj7, 4.0 with holley 390 carb, turbo 400, hei, and a really annoying exhaust

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

You should be able to tell how old the tires are by looking for a date on the sidewall. If you do over 50 mile trips with it i would put some good newer tire's on. Im with alter ego (Gary) You dont want to blow a tire a long way from home and have your trip suck.

Yooper transplant to Iowa ckupq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oompa-Loompa View Post
    they where stored inside for years. and they are a tubed tire. the local tire shop told me they couldnt put tubes on my chevy aluminum rim.....wtf?
    Depends on the tubes. I've seen some with big valve stems and some without. That being said I'd take it easy on those tires. They'll ride like crap till they break in, and ride even worse rutted pavement. I had a set of bias plys, they liked to track in the ruts like no other. Good luck.