Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 109
1994 YJ road and Trail

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

Default 1994 YJ road and Trail

I need info on how to stay dependable for the road and still be functional off road. I can bring the 74000 mile yj up to par for the road but i need info on what to do for it so i can off road and make it back. I know auto trans need the trans vent pluged off and rerouted but do i need to do this with a stick shift. I need to know all the things like this that you can tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by HOOLIGANS View Post
    I need info on how to stay dependable for the road and still be functional off road. I can bring the 74000 mile yj up to par for the road but i need info on what to do for it so i can off road and make it back. I know auto trans need the trans vent pluged off and rerouted but do i need to do this with a stick shift. I need to know all the things like this that you can tell me.
    Welcome first of all; second I think its up to your preference and what you intend on doing with your jeep. My YJ was capable when I got it, it had the 4cyl and manual tranny, 3.5inch lift and it was fine. However now I have the 5.3L vortech engine 4L60E 4inch lift 8.8 rear w/locker etc. Its more than I will probably ever use but I love it. I would probably take a moment and decide what it is you intend to be able to do with it off road. In the meantime I would get the safety gear such as a winch, a cb etc. There are guys on here that will have a lot more info than I do this is just my thought.

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

Thanks vortechyj. Thats very cool by the way. We just want to play on the trails and make it back home. I dont need to be the big guy on the block according to my wife.LOL. I have been looking at the 8000lbs super winch for $279 and a rough country winch mount for $59 Im thinking i might stay with stock bumper's for now. I drive truck for a living so the cb will go in soon.2012-10-21_18-03-11_482.jpg:
    You have already attached this file in thread : post your rig. I keep trying to post a pic but it wont let me.

It is an addiction... The upgrades that is... Check out my build "Orange POS" to see how it works. Take some time look around the site, and when you have some specific questions, by all means ask away... Everyone here is friendly, nobody is going to give you grief for a question asked... To post a pic, you need to have it hosted on another website, copy the link information, and hit the picture button on the reply reply to thread window... A pop up will come up and you paste the picture link information onto the window... Then hit reply, and that should do it...
    Meh!!!

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

Its coming along.
    Attached Images Attached Images

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

Im trying oven clean to remove painted on strip's. so far so good but i need a better buffer.

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

strip is gone. now i need to buy a good buffer.

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

2 more shots

Whew... That one had to be THE Yuppiest of the "Yuppy-Mobiles" when it was brand new... Spoting some nice 235's and the gold Pinstriping, not to mention the fact that it said "Polo Edition"... I can see the guy that drove it off the show-room floor right now...

Popped collar on his shirt, Dockers pants, some Sperry Top-Siders, no socks, a pair of "Top Gun" shades with the pink arms on them... Cool as a cucumber....

Thanks goodness you are making that Jeep right!!!
    Meh!!!

Get Bent

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    Popped collar on his shirt, Dockers pants, some Sperry Top-Siders, no socks, a pair of "Top Gun" shades with the pink arms on them... Cool as a cucumber....
    I was thinking the same thing

Looks like it is coming together nicely.

I miss mine looking like that. If I had it to do over I think I would have left it mostly stock and just built up a non Sahara YJ.

Looks great.

Sent from my eyeFone
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
    Don't do that.

Then you will have to leave your home and your friends, go off to a distant land, and sell skateboard wheels.
    The absolute strength of the Second Amendment is directly proportional to the number of Americans who support it.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

That's a really nice looking Jeep. Sure you want to take it in the woods? That dark green paint will show trail pinstripes really quickly unless you are one of those clay block/paint conditioner/hand wax after every trip sort of detail guys. I'm not, that's why I like my silver Jeep

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

It is starting to shape up to nice for the woods. Maybe i can sell it for $6500 I got $5500 and a shit ton of labor into it. Its onley got 73500 mile's on it. But than i would have to find anther jeep.

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

Default Nice Score For The Jeep

Brand new 2013 Jeep Rubicon rims and 32" BFG MT's. Anyone know what i will need to do to make them fit on a 1994 wrangler.

eeeeeeeooooooorrrrrrr

I might want to sell the rims and tire's we take off.