Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 109

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

new truck - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new truck

well got the bumper done ill post a few pics in a second. the bumper has a few little things that need to be cleaned up but all in all it looks good :thumbs: . so as it is now my ranger hates me, i have my topper on, tires under the topper, lift in the back half cab, the bumper on the front, and its hauling my ass around. so i think it hates me alot. ill get the pics up and post them here in a bit
    1996 ford ranger xl 3.0 v6, 5speed trans
    4in BDS lift 31X10.50 15"

the happiest of people dont have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.

heres two pics
    un painted getting set up

all painted looking at it on the truck im gonna trim the ends off the main tube and put a cap on it then a couple more coats of paint and it should be done.

the happiest of people dont have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.

well sorry its been a bit but got the lift in last week thanks to mp and all the help he and my girl friend gave me. it went in pretty easy with minor scrapes and bruises. rough country had me stack blocks in the rear so i now have a total of 5in of blocks in the back with massive amounts of wheel hop when you get into the gas. all in all not bad but will be looking for new leafs or traction bars soon. here are a few pics of the truck now.

on the lift about done

all done and ready to hit the road

i tracked my gas mileage from the soo to ohio and im getting around 21 mpg from the 23-24 i was getting before so not bad for a lifted ford ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    i tracked my gas mileage from the soo to ohio and im getting around 21 mpg from the 23-24 i was getting before so not bad for a lifted ford ranger.
    Still call BS. The EPA claimed number is 23 highway (when new) and we all know that is always an unrealistic number.
    My hellawack shiznit is interfrizzled in my brizzle

that's what my calculator and my girl friends calculator said i didn't belieave it at first but i checked over and over, hell i even looked up how to calculate it just to make sure i was doing it right.

i worse i saw from it being lifted was from Pams house to Gaylord taking back road with a lot of hills and i was still getting 19.5 mpg. in my book that's still not bad for a lifted ranger

Looking good... Needs bigger boots, but still nice though.

Sent from my HTC Amaze with Tapatalk.
    Meh!!!

bump for a new pic this morning

My first trip to Drummond convinced me.
    ~~My husband has the heart of a lion and a lifetime ban from the zoo. ~~

same here hahahha

Get Bent

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Queen View Post
    My first trip to Drummond convinced me.
    that is an awesome snorkel you got there.

got word from the mechanic in the soo the ranger lives again.. i cant wait to drive it, ive been driving snoopys car and i hate climing out of a car vs. jumpin out of a truck so least to say im exited to have it back soon.

i second that !
    I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

STUPID F@#%IN FORD AND YOUR RUST!

Nice Ranger, always nice seeing other RBVs offroad. Those rear hangers are a guarantee rust off, got to love the blue oval.

Doah

Quote Originally Posted by Kcameron13 View Post
    Nice Ranger, always nice seeing other RBVs offroad. Those rear hangers are a guarantee rust off, got to love the blue oval.
    its the front hanger... kinda weird i know. ive always seen the rears rust off but not the fronts. owell and RBVs?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    its the front hanger... kinda weird i know. ive always seen the rears rust off but not the fronts. owell and RBVs?
    I didn't even look that hard at the picture, just assumed it was the rear. Guess I should have looked closer. Very surprised to hear its the front, doesn't happen often. How's the rear looking?

RBV = Ranger Based Vehicle. Rangers and Explorers

He needs to replace all of them.

Without a doubt, I completely agree. If one is that bad the others are very close.