Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 109

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

more tj upgrades

Default more tj upgrades

well had a great time at DI thanks everyone. anyway this was todays project . thanks bigben. 231 to d300 w/lomax. ratio as follows 1.1- 2.72.1 - 4.1 - 10.88.1

all in all it went pretty well. just got to change clocking a little as 231 is a little high. going to try using the oem shift rails making shifters. if that dosen't work how i like i will change to top rails. O & ben you can have the rest back

What doubler kit did you use? Im getting ready to do the same. Any gotchas I should watch out for?

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk
    thrca
    98 TJ 4.0L LP Gas
    14B Spooled/D60 5.38s
    Long Arms, 16" Air Shocks, 40" IROKs
    Ignore above.. Its a WIP, in the garage.

pretty cool stuff there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Bent

glad to see parts off my heep going to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by thrca View Post
    What doubler kit did you use? Im getting ready to do the same. Any gotchas I should watch out for?

D&D machine. the lomax was from jc conversions. u can find them on pirate. i accually got the kit off there used.saved a ton if u dont use the lomax ratio is as follows: 1.1-2.62.1-2.72.1-7.13.1

Thanks. I thought that looked like duff's work. I found him on ebay too.

Yeah, I head already calculated the ratios and decided 10:1 lomax+lo+lo was a bit overkill.

Thanks for the pics

thrca
    98 TJ 4.0L LP Gas
    14B Spooled/D60 5.38s

Quote Originally Posted by thrca View Post
    Thanks. I thought that looked like duff's work. I found him on ebay too.

Yeah, I head already calculated the ratios and decided 10:1 lomax+lo+lo was a bit overkill.

Thanks for the pics

10.1 is overkill i agree but the downside of stock is u only gain a 2.62.1 which i feel is worthless since u keep ur oem 2.72.1 . the upside of the lomax is u get 4.1 in the middle instead.

Get Bent

yeah, the double low range is almost useless. but getting the 2.72:1 and 4:1 is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBEN View Post
    yeah, the double low range is almost useless. but getting the 2.72:1 and 4:1 is worth it.
    But if that's the goal, why not skip the doubler and just add lomax

thrca
    98 TJ 4.0L LP Gas
    14B Spooled/D60 5.38s

Get Bent

the lo-max will only give you one low range. sometimes you don't want the 4:1 low, sometimes you do. out on the dunes or trail riding 1:1 is too high and 4:1 is too low. on the rocks 2.72:1 is too high. you sometimes need both, or a different vehicle built for each terrain.

with the doubler you have the best of both worlds.

i myself am planning a 241/205 doubler. this will give me 1:1, 1.96:1, 2.72:1, and 5.33:1. i will have the high range for the few times i drive on the road, a mid low (2.72:1) for when i still want a fair amount of wheel speed, and deep low (5.33:1) when i am in the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBEN View Post
    the lo-max will only give you one low range. sometimes you don't want the 4:1 low, sometimes you do. out on the dunes or trail riding 1:1 is too high and 4:1 is too low. on the rocks 2.72:1 is too high. you sometimes need both, or a different vehicle built for each terrain.

with the doubler you have the best of both worlds.

i myself am planning a 241/205 doubler. this will give me 1:1, 1.96:1, 2.72:1, and 5.33:1. i will have the high range for the few times i drive on the road, a mid low (2.72:1) for when i still want a fair amount of wheel speed, and deep low (5.33:1) when i am in the shit.
    I love my 4:1 that is all I ever need. When I get an atlas it will be a 2 speed with 3.8:1. Any lower then 4:1 seems useless unless your running 373 gears in the axles
    Team Kick Ass Click me
    MMMM, Pins Steak

MY whip:
    79 CJ-7 stock

ya but the 10.1 was a free bonus. i bought the lowmax for dirt cheap. i didnt want the 4.1 only as i like the 2.72 unless ur doing crawl work. i would have loved to have the atlas,however i have less than $300 in all of it doing it this way. that in itself made my mind.

stage II
    well unit went under the knife again. rolled it out for the first time last week.
    specs as follows:
    stretch 10 in. (6 front & 4 back.)
    4 link rear double trianguated. 3 link front.
    fox 14s front. rear on corrected coils. ( i'll change these out to coilovers this winter)
    pure jeep stretch tank. (thanks jared)
    custom driveshafts (also from unlimited.)
    79 d60 front w/eaton & 79 14bolt rear w/detriot 5:13s
    231/300 doubler w/lomax
    steering box tapped & assist.
    H2s & bfg 37s. (going to 40,s soon as everything is backordered)
    front full cage.

that about sums it up. Most of you already saw the beginning so I'll save ya the trouble of having to go through all the pics. here's as it sits & drives as of today. (i put about 40 miles on it today checking things out)

that's the jist of it. If you would like to see anything specific just let me know as i have pics of everything. I probably forgot some things.lol

lookin good!

Dakota truggy on tons 43" sx's and coil overs
    07 CTD Tow Pig

well these showed up finally, making more work that would have been much easier when axle was out. Oh well. Also had heard that tolerances were sometimes off on reid stuff. well guess it's true as there is .005 diff between the two on the inner press. i will cut them so I will have a .001 press .

Fabbed up some fenders. they are 4".

Bad ass

Dakota truggy on tons 43" sx's and coil overs
    07 CTD Tow Pig

Nice
    My hellawack shiznit is interfrizzled in my brizzle

well as usual had to take things apart a bit just in time for D.I. Just can't seem to leave things alone. Got work cut out now so we can still make it. Changed to hi steer & 40s so far. thats it for now, see everyone at the invasion.