Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 109
Umm the water was toooo Deep!!! Any suggestions??? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by rzmod View Post
    first i need to ask ....WHY did you feel the need to drive into the big water hole.....?

It was there, and in a gravel pit, figured it to have a very solid bottom... STOOOOOPID

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    What trans are you running? The TF 999, 32rh, 30rh and maybe others have the vent behind the torque converter. Not that it will help this time, but you can prevent it from happening again by sealing the factory vent and drilling/tapping a new one on top of the trans. Then just run a vent hose as you would on an axle.
    TF999, a friend on www.universityofjeep.ca posted a link to a step x step to plug and divert the vent on TF999, again about 2 days too late, but if this thing fails because of water, the next one WILL NOT!!!

Thanks all...

I flushed it out, used the whole 5 us gal pail to flush and still have enough to fill when I was done... I will be trying it out today... Will keep everyone posted!

Jamie
    Meh!!!

I think your probably a little far away but there are two guys in the Petoskey area that will do a complete rebuilt on most autos 150 -250 if their out if the vehicle. Last time the TH350 went on my plow truck it only cost 150 for all new clutches,bands, seals, and filter. I dropped it off at his house had dinner a few beers and went back to pick up the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by eswiger View Post
    I think your probably a little far away but there are two guys in the Petoskey area that will do a complete rebuilt on most autos 150 -250 if their out if the vehicle. Last time the TH350 went on my plow truck it only cost 150 for all new clutches,bands, seals, and filter. I dropped it off at his house had dinner a few beers and went back to pick up the new one.

Pm me his name and how to get hold of him... Petosky is not too far away, and the $1200 questionable quote I got was a little high to say the least...

Thanks, Jamie
    Meh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    Pm me his name and how to get hold of him... Petosky is not too far away, and the $1200 questionable quote I got was a little high to say the least...

Thanks, Jamie

Slips and has screwed up shifts... I will be rebuilding... My Dad is a retired mechanic and rebuilt his shre of transmissions, Allisons (truck and coach), fords, chryslers in his day, and he said we'd do it... Looked around and found some rebuild kits and info (Google is Great)... Anybody else have any more direction/info let me know....

Thanks again, Jamie
    Meh!!!

I think I can get you a link to the FSM. It has a complete rebuild section. Lemme look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
    Don't do that.

Then you will have to leave your home and your friends, go off to a distant land, and sell skateboard wheels.
    The absolute strength of the Second Amendment is directly proportional to the number of Americans who support it.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

http://rapidshare.com/files/69441407...rangler_94.zip

Just choose free download. If it wants a password it's "coas".

I believe section 21 is transmissions.

If you have dial up, don't even bother.
    Don't do that.

Then you will have to leave your home and your friends, go off to a distant land, and sell skateboard wheels.
    The absolute strength of the Second Amendment is directly proportional to the number of Americans who support it.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    http://rapidshare.com/files/69441407...rangler_94.zip

Just choose free download. If it wants a password it's "coas".

I believe section 21 is transmissions.

If you have dial up, don't even bother.

You my friend are AWESOME... COme on up and have Beer on me... in fact bring your coveralls, I'll be in the garage!!!

Thanks, Jamie
    Meh!!!

No problem.
    Don't do that.

Well thanks to Mongo and a guy named LEVE (found him on other sites) and my father, I am in the process of rebuilding said 30RH (TF999) I found a broken bellville spring in the Rear clutch pack, so I guess dunking the trans wasn't all for nothing.... It is going to cost me $495 for all the parts including a new Lock-up T.C., bands both clutch plates , seals, gaskets, new BV spring etc.... Should be rolling by Saturday.... Stooooopid work keeps getting in the way!!!

Thanks all
    Meh!!!

work sucks
    My hellawack shiznit is interfrizzled in my brizzle

Yes it does... Unless it pays you 1.5x$... Like it is going to do for 24 hours this weekend...

Jeep runs way better with a Chevy driveline...
    Meh!!!